Procedure to Change Company Name in Nepal
If you want to change your company name in Nepal, there are a few legal and procedural steps you need to follow. Here's a complete guide to help you:
- Board Resolution
- Special General Meeting
- Approval from the Company Registrar
- Verification and Name Approval
- Amendment of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Registration with Relevant Authorities
- Publish a Notice
- New PAN and VAT Registration
- Update Business Materials
- File Annual Return
Step 1. Board Resolution
The first thing to do is gather the company's board members for a meeting.
In this meeting, they need to discuss and agree on changing the company's name.
Most of the board members should say 'yes' to this change
Step 2. Special General Meeting
Once the board says 'yes,' the next step is to call a special meeting with all the company's shareholders.
In this meeting, you have to ask them for their permission to change the company's name.
You usually need most of the shareholders, at least three-fourths of them, to agree to it.
Step 3. Approval from the Company Registrar
Next step is to send an application the Company Registrar (OCR) to get the new company name approved.
This application should have:
- Copy of the board resolution
- Copy of the special resolution passed in the shareholders' meeting
- Updated Memorandum and Articles of Association reflecting the new name
- Application fee
Step 4. Verification and Name Approval
The OCR will review your application. If the chosen name is available and complies with the rules, the OCR will approve it.
Step 5. Amendment of Memorandum and Articles of Association
Step 6. Registration with Relevant Authorities
You should inform all the important government departments and authorities about the new company name.
This includes places like the Company Registrar Office (OCR), the Inland Revenue Department, and other organizations that regulate your business.
Step 7. Publish a Notice
You must follow a legal rule and put out a notice in a newspaper that's read all across the country.
This notice needs to tell everyone about the change in your company's name. It should include information about both the old and new names of the company.
Step 8. New PAN and VAT Registration
Make sure to update your Business PAN and VAT registration with the new company name.
Step 9. Update Business Materials
Once you have the official approval and have made the required legal changes, don't forget to update all your company materials.
- Business Cards
- Company's Website and Social Media Pages
Step 10. File Annual Return
Remember to submit the company's annual return to the Office of the Company Registrar with the new name.
- How to check the company name availability in Nepal
- How to write a memorandum of association (MOA) in Nepal
- How to write articles of association (AOA) in Nepal
- Company registration fees for private and public companies in Nepal
- How to register Business Pan in Nepal
- How to open a company bank account in Nepal
- Company act 2063 (2006)
- How to Change Company Name in Nepal
- How to Change Company Address in Nepal